Antwort: Re: 6-Release Beta 5: extremely slow installation in VMWare 4.52

Christoph.Sold at bahn.de Christoph.Sold at bahn.de
Fri Sep 23 03:41:04 PDT 2005

Apologies for Notes Mail - I am forced to use it. After over 24 hours,
sysinstall is still slowly churning against ports/x11.

> Do you have the ability to install BETA4 and then incrementally update
> the source tree? That might be a good way to find out what happened.

I'll try. Since I am on vacation this weekend, and our firewalls
effectively block everything but http/80, it'll have to wait until Monday
to grab a CVS repository at home. So please wait at least until Tuesday for
results.

Also remember the virtual hardware is nearly unusable, because the max IO
rate is at about 20k/s.

All the best
-Christoph

             Scott Long