em(4) support for 82573 1000/PRO nic on 5.x [was: Re: em on 5.x]

Hector Lecuanda hlecuanda at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 13:53:23 PDT 2005

On 9/20/05, John Baldwin <jhb at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 September 2005 01:55 pm, Hector Lecuanda wrote:
> > I have an Intel 82573 1000/PRO nic. I've seen that the 4.x branch
> > supports this device, but 5.x does not.
> >
> > Is support for this device to be included in the near future?
> > who can I contact regarding patches to make it work?
>
> Erm, the em(4) driver is in 5.x.  Also, this mailing list is more for
> questions about writing device drivers.  For more general questions try
> either the questions@ or stable@ mailing lists.
>
> --

John:

Perhaps i should have explained that the em(4) driver in 4.x does
include support for the Intel 82573 1000/PRO nic; while the one in 5.x
does not. =(

Is it planned to merge the work on 4.x to 5.x and HEAD?
i tried to recompile the kernel with the 4.x sources for the em(4)
driver, but obviously a lot has changed in the kernel, and as luck
would have it, my attempt did not yield any success.

Who would be the person to contact regarding this driver?

Thank you!

--
-Hector Lecuanda
PGP Public Key / Llave Publica PGP: