Apache+mod_ssl and perl

fbsd fbsd at sefao.com
Fri Sep 16 10:48:01 PDT 2005

Hello,

I am not sure if this is the right list, please let em know otherwise. I have 5.4-RELEASE (i386) installed and want to be sure that the Apache13+mod_ssl is correctly set up.

I have CVSup'ed all OS updates and related port updates, did buildworld, did a custom kernel etc. then did a 'make install clean' on the Apache13+mod_ssl... port. There were no error codes, however the perl version I have is 5.8.6_2, yet much documentation and the port list states perl-5.8.7 is required.  I installed the 'portupgrade' port, it too installed without errors, but documentation states it requires perl-5.8.7.

My question is, is it safe/secure to use Apache+mod_ssl with this version of perl?  Or do I need to upgrade perl, then each port?

Thank you,
Sejo