Slow internet browsing.

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Wed Sep 14 07:27:16 PDT 2005

Sandro Noel wrote:

>  thank you all for the ULTRA fast reply,
> i had an entry in the resolv.conf that did not belong there.
> problem solved.
>

> something is bothering me...
> the entry stated that it was the ip of my gateway 10.0.5.1
> wich is the same address that the DHCP server gives out.
> why is it causing problems ?

And this "entry" was in /etc/resolv.conf?  It certainly didn't
belong there.

If your gateway machine is at 10.0.5.1, then you should have
the following entry in /etc/rc.conf:

defaultrouter="10.0.5.1"

And, after booting, `netstat -rn` should show (amongst
other things) something similar to:

default            10.0.5.1        UGS         0     1814    xl0

--- bascially, your default route.

HTH,

Kevin Kinsey