Serious mouse problems on latest 5-stable.

Frank Mayhar frank at exit.com
Tue Sep 6 10:53:25 PDT 2005

After I returned from my vacation last week, I set about upgrading my
systems to the latest -stable.  The short version of the story is that I
had to fall back to an earlier version, since the psm driver has been
made essentially unusable.  I saw a thread about psm-related panics but
I didn't see those; rather I saw what appeared to be very serious loss
of either characters or interrupts.  I suspect the latter since "systat
-vmstat" reported a tiny fraction of the number of interrupts that
should have been generated by mouse movement (on the order of 5%).

This was with a kernel and world as of 9/1.  I dropped back to a kernel
from 8/10 and all was well.  I haven't had a chance to further narrow
this down, but I just wanted to check whether this is a known
problem...?
--
Frank Mayhar frank at exit.com     http://www.exit.com/
Exit Consulting                 http://www.gpsclock.com/