Disk 100% busy

Will Saxon WillS at housing.ufl.edu
Tue Oct 18 09:15:50 PDT 2005

I was not planning to. I was thinking though that without
softupdates and with sync, the disk would stay a lot busier.

Since I have enabled softupdates, the disk is not nearly as busy.
I may lose some mail if the machines panics for some reason, but
I think that is not likely.

> > I am using qmail - the author indicates that softupdates is not
> > recommended. However, I am going to give it a shot and see
> if I start
> > losing mail as he suggests may happen.
>
> Do yourself a big favor, and switch from this historic piece
> of software
> to something like Postfix.

BSD has been around since the 70s, any suggestions for something
more modern?

Thanks for the response.

-Will