MySQL(linuxthread) problem with Freeradius

Christian Meutes christian.meutes at de.clara.net
Thu Oct 13 01:27:06 PDT 2005

Hi everyone,

i have just found out why FreeRADIUS always crashs when loading the mysql
module.
I have compiled MySQL with linuxthreads and thats why FreeRADIUS always
crashs with a Segmentation fault. I have tested this with MySQL 4 and 4.1
(both out of the ports), FreeBSD 5.4-Release and Stable and FreeRADIUS
1.0.4(ports) and FreeRADIUS 1.0.5.
So you can see its able to get FreeRADIUS running on FreeBSD with
MySQL(linuxthreads).
When compiling MySQL with native threads its running just well, but with
little performance suffer.

Can anybody find out why Linuxthreads with MySQL are not running with
FreeRADIUS?

-christian