5.x, mergemaster dying due to problem w/ "mtree -eU ..."

Parv parv at pair.com
Wed Oct 12 15:35:09 PDT 2005

in message <20051005222338.GA46058 at holestein.holy.cow>,
wrote Parv thusly...

> in message <790a9fff0510050925s18b7fb21rca33eeb2bf4fec6b at mail.gmail.com>,
> wrote Scot Hetzel thusly...
> >
> > On 10/5/05, Parv <parv at pair.com> wrote:
> > >  mtree -eU  -f /misc/src-5/etc/mtree/BSD.root.dist -p /var/tmp/temproot/
> > >  mtree:No such file or directory
> > >  *** Error code 1
> > >
> > >  Stop in /misc/src-5/etc.
> > >
> > >    *** FATAL ERROR: Cannot 'cd' to /usr/src/etc and install files to
> > >        the temproot environment
> > >
> > > I have /usr/src symlinked ...
> > >
> > >  lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel     9 Dec 21  2004 /usr/src@ -> /misc/src
> > >  lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel     5 Oct  5 00:04 /misc/src@ -> src-5
> > >  drwxr-xr-x  21 root  wheel  1024 Oct  5 03:49 /misc/src-5/
> > >
> > Not sure if I had run accros this problem when I move my source
> > directory from /usr/src to /usr/src/5x.  But I added:
> >
> > SOURCEDIR='/usr/src/5x/etc'
> >
> > to /etc/mergemaster.rc.
>
> I will try your suggestion, and report back.

I tried again (w/ SOURCEDIR=/misc/src-5/etc) after installing
5-stable-2005.10.04.18.00.43; mergemaster still dies w/ the above
error message in single user mode.  There must be something that is
missing in that mode (compared to multi user mode) for mergemaster
not to work.

Come to think of it, it seems to be a PATH problem as /usr/sbin is
not included in PATH in single user mode here.  I will update PATH &
try again (at some point).

  - Parv