Website accessability issues (was Re: new FreeBSD-webpage)

Murray Stokely murray at freebsdmall.com
Sat Oct 8 11:13:34 PDT 2005

On Sat, Oct 08, 2005 at 11:48:59AM +0200, Brad Knowles wrote:
> 	I think maybe we need a few more ADA lawsuits filed against
> companies (and other organizations) for the crimes they are
> committing with their websites.

Indeed.  We have committers with all sorts of disabilities (including
blindness) and so keeping the site fully accessible serves our own
internal needs as well as those of our users.

The new site continues the move away from HTML 3.2 era visual tags
that we've been working on for several years.  It is supposed to be
more accessible than the old site.  If there are regressions then
please post them to freebsd-www at FreeBSD.org so we can fix them.

     - Murray