twa kernel panic under heavy IO

Vinod Kashyap vkashyap at amcc.com
Fri Oct 7 18:58:20 PDT 2005

The drivers in the kernel tree are not bundled with the firmware
image by default.  You can bundle them by turning on a switch
in the Makefile.  A bundled driver will download the firmware if
the running firmware is from a different release (9.1*, 9.2* etc.),
or if the running firmware is an older version from the release
corresponding to that of the driver.

> > The 9.2* versions are compatible.  There are small
> incompatibilities
> > if you are mixing 9.1* and 9.2*.
> >
> >>And since we're here...is there any reason to update to 9.3
> if I only
> >>have a 9500S?
>
> Good to know.
>
> Thanks for the quick reply. FWIW I went with 3ware because I
> saw somewhere that a 3ware person was supposedly on this
> list. Glad to see it wasn't a rumor.

You are encouraged to contact 3ware support with questions related
to 3ware.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contains information that is confidential and proprietary to Applied Micro Circuits Corporation or its subsidiaries. It is to be used solely for the purpose of furthering the parties' business relationship. All unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.