twa kernel panic under heavy IO

Vinod Kashyap vkashyap at amcc.com
Fri Oct 7 18:36:15 PDT 2005

Under 'Release Notes to View', select '<release>_Release_Notes_Web',
and you will get to a page which lists the version of each individual
component that's part of the release, among other things.

> The 3ware page has 9.2.1.1, which is what I updated to when I
> installed my 9500, but since then I've cvsup'd to 5-stable.
> Do I now have mismatched driver-firmware versions? How do I
> check this in the future? (besides bothering you about it)

The 9.2* versions are compatible.  There are small incompatibilities
if you are mixing 9.1* and 9.2*.
> And since we're here...is there any reason to update to 9.3
> if I only have a 9500S?

Either way should be fine.

> Thanks

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contains information that is confidential and proprietary to Applied Micro Circuits Corporation or its subsidiaries. It is to be used solely for the purpose of furthering the parties' business relationship. All unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.