new FreeBSD-webpage

Garance A Drosehn gad at FreeBSD.org
Fri Oct 7 11:41:01 PDT 2005

At 3:42 PM -0700 10/6/05, Murray Stokely wrote:
>On Thu, Oct 06, 2005, Dan Ponte wrote:
>  > One idea is to revert to the old design, which suited people's
>  > needs just fine. However, I doubt that will happen.
>
>Uhm, it didn't suit people's needs just fine.  It was total crap
>with dozens of disorganized links all over the front page and
>second level pages topping 100k as they had just grown larger
>and larger over time and noone had stepped back to look at how
>bad it all was for someone coming to the site for the first
>time to find any useful information.

I agree with Murray.  I'm sure the new design can be improved upon
some more, but the previous web pages had gotten to the point that
they actively annoyed me.  Too large, too much info crammed into
some of the pages.  I have been saving URL's directly to some inner
web pages, for no other reason than to avoid bringing up the main
web page.  And once you're AVOIDING the web page, then it doesn't
much matter how much info was crammed into it.

Garance Alistair Drosehn     =      gad at gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer               or   gad at FreeBSD.org