new FreeBSD-webpage

Julian H. Stacey jhs at flat.berklix.net
Thu Oct 6 16:56:26 PDT 2005

Bill Vermillion wrote:
> Well if you like the old site just try this:
> http://www.freebsd.org/old

Thanks for the URL.
  I've changed my include file to regenerate footers on the 280 web
  pages I maintain to ref. the good `old' URL.  If others
  do that, the page hit counters may tell the boys what's wanted.

  If the new mess is copied from the top page to also be under
  /new/, page counters have a real chance of indicating to maintainers
  what's wanted, by authors who choose to cross ref to freebsd.org.

This new so called `professional style' is style over substance:
"LATEST NEWS" is a joke: They're advertising (bottom left)
	2005-09-07 FreeBSD 6.0-BETA4 Available
Not adding 6.0-BETA5 that's been out 17 days or so - Sep 19 04:50
	  ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/ISO-IMAGES/6.0/

--
Julian Stacey.  Consultant Unix Net & Sys. Eng., Munich.  http://berklix.com
Mail Ascii not HTML.          Ihr Rauch = meine allergischen Kopfschmerzen.