new FreeBSD-webpage

martin hudec corwin at aeternal.net
Thu Oct 6 15:50:31 PDT 2005

Hello Dan,

On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 06:15:41PM -0400 or thereabouts, Dan Ponte wrote:
> It certainly does put me at a disadvantage; see the statements made by
> the earlier author.
>
> One idea is to revert to the old design, which suited people's needs
> just fine. However, I doubt that will happen.

  Well, why do you think that old design suited people's needs better
  than the new one? Did you sit ~10 of your friends with various life
  and professional backgrounds in front of desktop and did you give them
  few tasks (find man page about blabla, find certain mailinglist, etc.)
  just to see how they behave while browsing *both* sites, old one and
  new one, and did you make observations how long did these tasks take
  them, how did they achieve the results, what were their feelings etc?

  I don't think so.

  What I think is that you are pretty much used to old design.. and we
  all know that old habits die hard :).. Why I say this? Because I see
  feedbacks like yours all the time some site is being redesigned and
  people are too much shocked by sudden change than to be able to find
  something positive about it.

	have a nice evening,

--
martin hudec

   * 421 907 303 393
   * corwin at aeternal.net
   * http://www.aeternal.net

"Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible
exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws."

   Douglas Adams, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"