Cool 'n quiet and other AMD stuff

Graham North northg at shaw.ca
Wed Oct 5 13:52:53 PDT 2005

Hi Mathew:
Thank you for this additional advice.    It sounds like I should take
Jung-uk's suggestion for using cpufreq.ko and powerd.

Jung-uk wrote:
I believe cpufreq.ko and powerd(8) will work just fine but it's not
available in FreeBSD 5.4. From 6.0-BETA (or RELENG_5), try 'kldload
cpufreq' and add 'powerd_enable="YES"' in /etc/rc.conf.

Jung-uk:
Are both of these needed?  Are they a matched pair then?   Maybe I
should look up in the man pages.
Thank you again for your help.

Graham/

--