Xorg, OpenGL/Mesa and FreeBSD.

Igor Pokrovsky ip at doom.homeunix.org
Wed Oct 5 10:41:04 PDT 2005

On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 03:59:09PM +0100, Yann Golanski wrote:
> I have some Mesa/OpenGL code that I want to run on FreeBSD and Xorg.
> The code compiles fine but once it runs, the window does not redraw --
> hence it keeps a screen shot of whatever was behind it or whatever
> moves over it.
>
> Any idea what could be wrong?  Some system info follows:

Direct rendering (DRI) is turned off in your X server. Some progs *require*
direct rendering, some run extremely slowly without it.
I suggest you to try configuring DRI in X and try again to run your prog.
I guess handbook has enough info on this subject.

-ip

--
If you leave the room, you're elected.