FreeBSD unstable on Dell 1750 using SMP?

Claus Guttesen kometen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 15:46:49 GMT 2005

> Thanks everyone for replies made over the past few days about the
> "unsolicited" rebooting problem.  At first, I thought there was a
> memory allocation bug as judged by the output of "netstat -m", but
> apparently it's just a cosmetic statistics reporting bug and nothing
> related to the instability itself.

It's not any comfort to you but I have two Dell PE 1750's running very
reliable using FreeBSD 5.4 stable as of Wed. the 28'th of Sep. 2005.
It has two Xeon at 3 GHz, 2 GB RAM, a LSILogic 1030 Ultra4 Adapter.
HTT is *off*.

HTT does not yield any higher performance for most purposes. I can
send you my kernel if you want.

regards
Claus