Reduced java/tomcat performance 6-beta3 -> 6-stable ?

Eirik Øverby ltning at anduin.net
Tue Nov 29 09:49:07 GMT 2005

On Nov 29, 2005, at 10:44 , Joseph Koshy wrote:

> EØ> Yea yea ;) Working on it..
> EØ> Is there a way to force ACPI-safe on the slower system?
>
> # sysctl kern.timecounter.hardware=<one of the values from
> kern.timecounter.choice>

kern.timecounter.choice: TSC(-100) ACPI-fast(1000) i8254(0) dummy
(-1000000)

ACPI-safe is not among the choices. Which means I can't choose it, I
presume.
I'm compiling up new kernels with ACPI_DEBUG right now, once they are
installed, what can I do to determine differences in DSDT tables
etc.? Or whatever else is different?

/Eirik