NFS network load on 5.4-STABLE

Mike Eubanks mse_software at charter.net
Mon Nov 28 18:19:15 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-28 at 03:10 -0500, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 27, 2005 at 09:24:15PM -0800, Mike Eubanks wrote:
>
> > I made the sysctl modification.  Still no luck though.  The only process
> > that had any activity using the top with the -S option, or after sorting
> > by total, was the swapper/syncer.  Even then, it was hardly active.  The
> > network traffic persists.
>
> Weird, I don't know what that means.
>
> Kris

I was thinking about graphing the network activity on the client and
server in the background using the bpf while running different processes
in the foreground to see what process is actually creating the traffic.
I think an actual graph would give me a better idea of what is going on.
Right now, I would like to assume it is a part of Gnome as was suggested
before, although, I'd rather be sure.

--
Mike Eubanks <mse_software at charter.net>