Problem installing FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE on HighPoint RocketRAID 1520

Neil Hoggarth neil.hoggarth at physiol.ox.ac.uk
Fri Nov 25 13:23:36 GMT 2005

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005, Ilja Alaoja wrote:

> I've aquired a HighPoint RocketRAID 1520 SATA controller card, since it's
> supposed to be very well supported under FreeBSD.
> Unfortunately i can't seem to install FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE. As a matter of
> fact, the installation CD fails to boot.
> My two disks are Seagate Barracuda 120 GB, and my motherboard is an Asus
> A7N8X Deluxe (nForce2).

That sounds like PR 87568 - have you tried disabling ACPI?

I have a similar problem with a different nForce2 based motherboard
(Abit NF-7S v2) and HighPoint card (RocketRAID 1640), which I logged in
PR 89409. Disabling ACPI is a work-around that has been very effective
in my case.

Regards,
--
Neil Hoggarth                                Departmental Computing Manager
<neil.hoggarth at physiol.ox.ac.uk>                   Laboratory of Physiology