FreeBSD unstable on Dell 1750 using SMP?

Rutger Bevaart rutger.bevaart at illian.net
Fri Nov 25 12:21:57 GMT 2005

Hello Kris (& list),

Thanks for helping the 1750 and 2850 owners on this list. Unfortunately I
cannot find any references to the leak or the fix you are referring to in
the Release errata (http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.4R/errata.html).

We are trying really hard to resolve the stability issues with our Dell
servers and would be very happy to know when the fix for what was
committed. No way we'll be upgrading to 6.0 without knowing exactly what
is going on (remembering broken 4.10 -> 5.3 systems) ...

Regards
Rutger Bevaart

On Thu, November 24, 2005 21:22, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 24, 2005 at 09:45:08AM +0100, Rutger Bevaart wrote:
>> Hi Kris,
>>
>> I cannot find anything about that in the /usr/src/UPDATING for the 5.4
>> branch.
>
> I didn't say anything about UPDATING, I said the release errata.
>
>> We're running "FreeBSD xyz 5.4-RELEASE-p5 FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE-p5"
>> and p6 and later only fix some IPSEC and SSL stuff.
>>
>> Is it in 6.0 and if so, will somebody backport that fix?
>
> Yes and as I said, it already was.
>
>> > This is documented in the 5.4 errata, it's a leak in the stats
>> > counting on SMP machines.  It was fixed after 5.4.
>
> Kris

Rutger Bevaart :: illian.networks