Swapfile problem in 6?

Rob spamrefuse at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 25 03:28:55 GMT 2005

Peter Jeremy wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-Nov-17 00:00:03 -0800, Rob wrote:
>
>>The only way I know of how to trigger the deadlock,
is to compile
>>a new kernel and the 'linking kernel' stage will
lock-up the PC.
>>With a regular kernel, this takes 2.5 hours until
deadlock, but with
>>a fully equipped debug kernel it takes about 8
hours....

> When the first deadlock occurs, you have a fully
populated set of kernel
> objects (though possibly some of them are in the
buffer case rather than
> on disk).  You should be able to quickly reproduce
the panic by running:
> # cd /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/<<KERNEL>>
> # make

I have cvsup'ed the sources to STABLE as of Nov. 23rd
2005.
After recompiling/installing world and debug-kernel,
I again get a kernel deadlock when using swapfile:
   http://surfion.snu.ac.kr/~lahaye/swapfile2.txt

Previous deadlocks are still documented here
   http://surfion.snu.ac.kr/~lahaye/swapfile.txt

I hope this is of use for fixing this bug in 6.
If further investigation is needed, then please let me
know.

Regards,
Rob.