Laptop choices

freebsd-lists at dclg.ca freebsd-lists at dclg.ca
Thu Nov 24 23:13:51 GMT 2005

>>>>> "Gary" == Gary Kline <kline at tao.thought.org> writes:

[on the merrits of my D800 laptop]

Gary> 	Do you lease or buy most hardware?  I've never crunched cost
Gary> vs return on computers, but it seems likly that leasing might
Gary> win here.  Brand new machine every 18 months; what a deal.  In
Gary> any case, $3K (US or Cnd) is out of my league.

I lease the laptop.  It's a business tool.  People pay me monthly, I
pay dell monthly.  In my case, I took the 3 year business lease
... which means that you "walk away" (or buy) the laptop at the end of
the lease.  I tend to walk away (ie: lease another laptop).

Gary> 	thanks for your input; I'm saving it on my wish-list!

Heh.  You don't need faster... but compiling openoffice is a chore on
a slow machine. :).

Dave.