xorg-clients conflicts with xterm (patch)

Mark Andrews Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Wed Nov 23 01:47:20 GMT 2005

> > $ sh
> > $ PACKAGES=/home/packages
> > $ export PACKAGES
> > $ /usr/local/sbin/pkg_info -I xorg-clients-6.8.2
> > pkg_info: can't find package 'xorg-clients-6.8.2' installed or in a file!
> > $ PKG_PATH=/home/packages/All
> > $ export PKG_PATH
> > $ /usr/local/sbin/pkg_info -I xorg-clients-6.8.2
> > xorg-clients-6.8.2  X client programs and related files from X.Org
> > $
>
> 	We need to clean PKG_PATH from the envirionment when looking
> 	for conflicts.
>
> 	e.g.
>
> found=`${SETENV} PKG_PATH= ${PKG_INFO} -I ${CONFLICTS:C/.+/'&'/} 2>/dev/
> null | ${AWK} '{print $$1}'`;
>
> 	Mark

While we are fixing things the man page for pkg_info needs to be updated.
PKG_PATH is not mentioned.  It's hard to debug problems without the required
information.

ENVIRONMENT
     BLOCKSIZE   If the environment variable BLOCKSIZE is set the block counts
                 will be displayed in units of that size block.

     PKG_TMPDIR  Points to the directory where pkg_info creates its temporary
                 files.  If this variable is not set, TMPDIR is used.  If both
                 are unset, the builtin defaults are used.

     PKG_DBDIR   Specifies an alternative location for the installed package
                 database.

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews at isc.org