ACPI problems with Dell laptops? (was: Jerky keyboard and mouse)

Sune Wettersteen forexs at lazy.dk
Tue Nov 22 21:34:59 GMT 2005

I'm on a Dell 500m and acpi seems to work fine, other than it doesn't
register lid opening, which means that when I close the lid and open it
again, the screen is still blank. Does anyone know about this problem?
I can partly relate to the mouse issue. My mouse is very sluggish and its
slow to register when I hold a button. From the time I (lets say) start
dragging on the desktop to the time it registers I'm holding down the
button, the mouse cursor has already moved quite much, which makes working
with graphics (inkscape) very annoying. Anyone had similar problem?

The alps touchpad works fine after being set up correctly in moused though.
Keyboard also works fine and gets registered.

Sune
Denmark