FBSD-6 usb/scanner-access-rights

Roland Smith rsmith at xs4all.nl
Sun Nov 20 19:03:36 GMT 2005

On Sun, Nov 20, 2005 at 07:26:38PM +0100, Holger Kipp wrote:
> > Doesn't matter that you get "UNKNOWN". It _will_ work with sane without
> > access to /dev/usb*. It does here.
>
> This is an Epson Perfection 1260. Don't ask what the 'Perfection' stands
> for. Anyway, this is in fact a Plustek, so I have to add the following
> to /usr/local/etc/sane.d/plustek.conf:
> -[usb]
> +[usb] 0x04B8 0x011D
> +device /dev/uscanner0

My Epson Perfection 1650 only needs the last line in epson.conf to work
with the xsane gimp plug-in. No vendor or device IDs necessary. I don't
use scanimage. Try copying plustek.conf to epson.conf, and adding
"epson" to dll.conf.

The permissions on the uscanner device are 660 for root:usb. The
/dev/usb devices are 660 for root:operator. My user-id is not in the
operator group.

Roland
--
R.F.Smith (http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/) Please send e-mail as plain text.