[FreeBSD6] kinfo_size mismatch

Laurent laurent.bar at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 21:34:35 GMT 2005

Hello all,

I've recently upgraded my AMD64 FreeBSD station from 5.4 to 6.0 using
the handbook method.

Everything seems to work OK but I have the message after repeating every
second on tty1 after I log on X :

kvm_open : kinfo_proc size mismatch (expected 912 got 1088).

After some search on Internet I gave an eye to /usr/src/sys/sys/user.h
for kinfo_proc_size values, but the right value (1088) is already set
for amd64.

So I don't know how to solve this problem, and I'm quite afraid to touch
some souce code on my system.

%uname -a
FreeBSD wks02.chez.oim 6.0-STABLE Thu Nov 17 19:40:44 CET 2005 amd64

Thanks.

--
Laurent