Swapfile problem in 6?

Rob spamrefuse at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 17 00:00:04 PST 2005

Lars Kristiansen wrote:

 > Hello again, I am the "me too"-guy with console-access.

 Hi Lars,

 I'm the one who started this thread, when I could not compile a new
 kernel after I upgraded to 6 (Pentium-1, 150 MHz, 32 MB Ram).

 How do you trigger the deadlock?

 The only way I know of how to trigger the deadlock, is to compile
 a new kernel and the 'linking kernel' stage will lock-up the PC.
 With a regular kernel, this takes 2.5 hours until deadlock, but with
 a fully equipped debug kernel it takes about 8 hours....

 If you have a different (and possibly quicker) way to trigger the deadlock,
 I would like to try that also on my system.
 Please let me know.

 Regards,
 Rob.