Swapfile problem in 6?

Rob spamrefuse at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 16 04:21:11 PST 2005

--- Peter Jeremy <PeterJeremy at optushome.com.au> wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-Nov-15 02:08:12 -0800, Rob wrote:
> > makeoptions DEBUG=-g
> > options INVARIANTS
> > options WITNESS
> > options WITNESS_KDB
> > options KDB
> > options DDB
> > options DDB_NUMSYM
> > options GDB
> >
> >Is that enough?
>
> If your system is headless, you probably want
> 'options BREAK_TO_DEBUGGER' as well.
>
> First question is: Does the system still deadlock?
> INVARIANTS and WITNESS will have added sanity
> checks which might have picked up the problem.

Indeed, I have this in my DEBUG kernel config:

makeoptions     DEBUG=-g
options INVARIANT_SUPPORT
options INVARIANTS
options WITNESS
options WITNESS_KDB
options KDB
options DDB
options DDB_NUMSYM
options GDB
options BREAK_TO_DEBUGGER

and the deadlock disappears.
Does that already give a hint what's wrong?

If not, then what should I remove/keep from the
above list, to allow the deadlock to reappear and
still be able to debug the problem?

According to your info above, I would say I'd
remove INVARIANT_SUPPORT, INVARIANTS, WITNESS
and WITNESS_KDB; leave the others in there
and try again with such a debug kernel. Right?

Thanks,
Rob.

Rob.