IBM T42 freezes when going to sleep under X11

Jacques Garrigue garrigue at math.nagoya-u.ac.jp
Mon Nov 14 00:50:37 PST 2005

I've got a strange problem with my IBM T42 / Radeon M10 setup.

When using the 6.0-RELEASE kernel (including GENERIC), I cannot go to
sleep when X11 is running: the machine freezes, display still on. I
tried disabling DRI, but this does not seem to be the problem: I have
no DRM anyway.

On the other hand, everything works fines with a 6.0-RC1 kernel.
Was there a big change in between, such that I need to change my
configuration?

I can give more information if it helps.

Jacques Garrigue      Nagoya University     garrigue at math.nagoya-u.ac.jp
		   <A HREF=http://www.math.nagoya-u.ac.jp/~garrigue/>JG</A>