DHCP client error: domain_not_set.invalid

Mark Space markspace at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 13 19:03:59 PST 2005

Hi all,

I just set up the latest 6.0 release, and I'm getting errors with the
DHCP client.  Trying to pull a network address during start up, I get:

Bogus domain search list 15: domain_not_set.invalid

This repeats several times before giving up.  Google tells me that this
problem was report by two users on the bsd-current list.  No one ever
replied to their inquiries (at least on the list), so I thought to try
once more to see if there's any interest in addressing this issue.

More info was in the original post:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2005-October/057034.html