gnome-upgrade.sh

Jan Grant Jan.Grant at bristol.ac.uk
Fri Nov 11 05:44:24 PST 2005

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005, Michael C. Shultz wrote:

> On Friday 11 November 2005 01:43, Jan Grant wrote:

> > My pkgtools.conf has hundreds(! - busy workstation) of entries along
> > these lines - some entries apply to several ports, and the portupgrade
> > toolset just basically uses the union of all matching rules:
> >
> > [[[
> >   '*/*' => 'BATCH=yes',
> >   '*/kde*' => 'WITH_KDE_DEBUG=yes',
> >   'databases/p5-DBI' => 'WITH_PROXY=yes',
> >   'deskutils/kdepim3' => 'WITH_KPILOT=yes',
> >   'devel/gnomevfs2' => 'WITH_X11=yes',
> >   'devel/sdl12' => 'WITH_X11=yes',
> >   'devel/subversion' => 'WITH_PYTHON=yes WITH_MOD_DAV_SVN=yes
> > WITHOUT_BDB=yes',
> > ]]]
> >
> > ... and so on; so deskutils/kdepim3 gets built with
> > 	BATCH=yes WITH_KPILOT=yes WITH_KDE_DEBUG=yes
> > but more importantly, any future kde packages also get
> > WITH_KDE_DEBUG=yes automatically.
> >
> > It'd be convenient if portmanager supported the same wildcard
> > ability (it'd make the script to migrate settings from pkgtools.conf to
> > portmanager much more straightforward).

> Port build options are covered in man portmanager(1). You didn't provide an
> example where wild cards are used so I'm not sure what you mean there.

The asterisks in the snippet above are wildcards. When portupgrade looks
for the options to a port, it pattern-matches against all the entries.
The deskutils/kdepim3 is a simple example above.

> Stopping/starting is a new feature just introduced in 0.3.3_3.

Cheers, that's very handy.

Tel +44 (0)117 3317661   http://ioctl.org/jan/
Goedel would be proud - I'm both inconsistent _and_ incomplete.