Apache2, mod_python and nss_ldap: Coredump...

Brian Fundakowski Feldman green at freebsd.org
Wed Nov 9 15:25:48 PST 2005

On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 10:20:26AM +0100, Johan Ström wrote:
> Hi
>
> I got a new 6.0-STABLE box. Rebuilt kernel and world 2 hours ago
> (against RELENG_6), so it should be pretty new.
>
> Im trying to have apache 2.0.55, mod_python 3.1.4 and nss_ldap 239,
> all the latest from ports.
> The problem I have is this: If i have LoadModule python_module
> libexec/apache2/mod_python.so in my httpd.conf, and at the same time
> have either
> "group: files ldap" and/or "passwd: files ldap" in my nsswitch.conf,
> i get Segfaults. Example:
>
> root at elfi2:~$ apachectl configtest
> Syntax OK
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> root at elfi2:~$
>
> However, apache itself is running fine, even using mod_python.
> If i remove either the LoadModule or both the ldap-entrys in
> nsswitch, the segfaults dissappear. I've compiled httpd with debug
> symbols, and this is what I found with gdb (httpd -t is same as
> apachectl configtest):
> [...]
> (gdb) where
> #0  0x00000000 in ?? ()
> #1  0x28be6744 in ?? () from /usr/local/lib/nss_ldap.so.1
> #2  0x28bf2200 in ?? () from /usr/local/lib/nss_ldap.so.1

Can you try making sure that nss_ldap gets built and linked with -g,
and is not stripped, so that all symbols and debug info are preserved
as well?  Looks to be atexit(3)-related, from here, but the symbols
should clear things up.

  <> green at FreeBSD.org                               \  The Power to Serve! \