ndis and FBSD6.0

oHmEr ohmer at epita.info
Wed Nov 9 04:59:15 PST 2005

On Mer 9 novembre 2005 08:47, Mikkel Skærris wrote:
> Hello!

hello,

> I have a IBM laptop T40 with a builtin wireless adapter (Intel 2100BG).
> For
> some time now I have been using the ipw driver, but I find i rather
> unstable
> and it makes my system freeze quite often. So I have installed ndis as U
> used to do it on 5.4, but i seems that it can't bind to a specific SSID.
> Anyone experiencing the same problem?

afaik, a native driver is meant to do better than an emulated ndis one.
i'd contact the driver maintainer if you have problems with it. anyway as
it's about ndis which is meant to work too, i've experienced some issue
with netgear wg311v2 ndis driver. ndisgen is ok, kldload is ok (except
that i had to kldload pccard and usb too...). ifconfig ndis0 ssid "foo"
doesn't work. i've only been able to scan network and find known ap in my
area. i wasn't able to join a network (infrastructure or ad-hoc). use of
sysctl didn't do better. i gave up due to lack of time these days.

--
Matthieu Michaud - EPITA 2007