loader.conf setting ignored

Ben Kelly bkelly at vadev.org
Mon Nov 7 10:10:54 PST 2005

On Monday 07 November 2005 12:05 pm, Sarxan Elxanzade wrote:
> Write kern.geom.debugflags=1 it in to sysctl.conf and then try again.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I moved the setting to /etc/sysctl.conf and this did result in the debugflags
being set correctly.  Unfortunately, though, it appears this occurs too late
to see geom debug for the boot process.  (Which makes sense since geom is
probably needed to read in sysctl.conf.)

I guess this is just something that cannot be done without console access to
the loader prompt?

Thanks again.