Atheros (ath0) no RX traffic

Николай Мирин nik at optim.com.ru
Sun Nov 6 13:57:24 PST 2005

If you do not build kernel modules there are several things to include
in 6.0 kernel when
you migrate from 5.4. The reason for the error in your case is probably
missing wlan_wep device.

#5.4
device          wlan            # 802.11 support
device          ath
device          ath_hal

#6.0
device          wlan            # 802.11 support
device          wlan_wep
device          ath
device          ath_hal
device          ath_rate_onoe

And actually, I had to change rc.conf line for my ath card a little bit.
For some reason in 6.0 it doesn't work without wepkey number specified.

in 5.4 it was:
ifconfig_ath0="inet 192.168.0.99 ssid MirinNET channel 1 wep wepkey
0x000000000000000000000 authmode open"

in 6.0 it became
ifconfig_ath0="inet 192.168.0.99 ssid MirinNET channel 1 wep wepkey
0x00000000000000000000 authmode open weptxkey 1"

-Nikolay