burncd and dvd-drives

Dick Hoogendijk dick at nagual.st
Fri Nov 4 00:18:33 PST 2005

I was and am a great fan of the burncd utility.
Very fast, simple and cli..

But as almost any new computer is supplied with a dvd drive this nice
program has become quit useless. It does not support those drives.

My question is: will it ever do?

I mean, cd-rom drives are losing terrain with each day passed.
Or will I be "forced" to either buy an oldfashioned cdrom drive in my
new machines? ; or recompile for atapicam ? ; or any other solution?

Maybe I ask for to much. I'm no programmer myself. I have no idea
whatsoever about the code changes needed in burncd to support at least
the burning of CD's. (dvd's are different).

--
dick -- http://nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.11-stable ++ FreeBSD 5.4