compile error - bus error

Jayton Garnett jay at codegurus.org
Thu Nov 3 23:13:00 PST 2005

Peter Jeremy wrote:

>On Thu, 2005-Nov-03 07:39:02 +0000, Jayton Garnett wrote:
>

>>Just to confirm my suspicions, while compiling apache 2.0.55 on a fresh
>>install of FreeBSD 5.4 with fresh cvsup'd ports tree I got an error, the
>>error stated : Bus error.
>>This is a hardware fault is it not? or is it some other error?
>>

>I'd lean towards it being a hardware problem but you haven't provided
>enough information to really answer this.  Is the problem
>reproduceable?

Yes it is reproducable, it just happened while compiling mysql41-server.
While trying to compile apache20 a short while ago the computer rebooted
itself, before that it had the same error so I tried compiling again and
thats when it rebooted.

>If the bus error repeats in exactly the same place
>then it's may be a problem with the toolchain.  If the error moves
>around then it's probably hardware.  Do you have problems compiling
>anything else (buildworld in particular).

I will try that tonight when I get home from work.

Thanks,
Jayton