NFS problems

Elliot Finley efinleywork at efinley.com
Thu Nov 3 09:24:49 PST 2005

I upgraded 9 of my systems to RELENG_5 on Oct 29 and 30.  Now none of them
can do a dump to an NFS mounted directory.

the NFS connection is made, because the dump file is created on the NFS
directory, but it stays at 0 bytes.

The system that is doing the dump hangs after:

oregon root:#>dump -0auf - usr >
/host/backup.etv.net/back/oregon.etv.net._usr.2005-11-03.level-0
  DUMP: WARNING: should use -L when dumping live read-write filesystems!
  DUMP: Date of this level 0 dump: Thu Nov  3 09:25:44 2005
  DUMP: Date of last level 0 dump: the epoch
  DUMP: Dumping /dev/ad12s1d (/usr) to standard output
  DUMP: mapping (Pass I) [regular files]
  DUMP: mapping (Pass II) [directories]
  DUMP: estimated 10647090 tape blocks.

Any suggestions/pointers/etc would be welcome.

TIA

Elliot