Abort rap from cron

Kövesdán Gábor gabor.kovesdan at t-hosting.hu
Sat May 28 13:54:20 PDT 2005

It is a single processor system. Those cron scripts are to verify
whether my processes are run. So, there isn't such simultaneous runs.
They are small scripts, that send a SIGCHLD to the processes they are
responsible for, and if they don't find the processes running, they
restarts them. I've been surprised because this hadn't happened before I
upgraded to 5.3-p13. Not only my scripts caused this, even the atrun,
which is a default entry in the stock /etc/crontab.