(SOLVED) 5.4RELEASE: problem with my ST34311A UDMA666 controller

Subhro subhro.kar at gmail.com
Sat May 28 10:51:49 PDT 2005

On 5/28/2005 22:15, Remi Degruson wrote:

>Hello,
>
>my problem was due to a bad ide cable. I replace it and all work well.
>I am surprised , this cable was ok with linux.

This is not something new or unexpected. Windows are Linux run happily
on a lot of garbage grade hardware. But FreeBSD is very fussy about
hardware. Thats the reason why a Linux box CAN create strange situations
due to hardware. But a FreeBSD box would not even be ready to boot up if
it does not find everything in tiptop condition.

Regards
S.