Syntax Error in Kernel

Xin LI delphij at frontfree.net
Sun May 22 08:20:40 PDT 2005

Hi, Nathan,

On Sun, May 22, 2005 at 02:46:22PM +0000, Nathan Mace wrote:
> I'm trying to add support for my Palm to my Freebsd 5-Stable box.  I have found the following web page which describes what kernel options need to be present.
>
> http://www.thedotin.net/maillists/coldsync-hackers/msg01954.html
>
> It lists the following options has being required.
>
> pseudo-device   ppp     1       # Kernel PPP
> pseudo-device   tun             # Packet tunnel.
> device          uhci            # UHCI PCI->USB interface
> device          ohci            # OHCI PCI->USB interface
> device          usb             # USB Bus (required)
> device          uvisor
> device          ucom
>
> However when I run "config" on my kernel, I get a syntax error on the line that adds "ppp".  Anyone hav any ideas as to why this might be happening?  Thanks.

I think you generally want "device ppp" and "device tun" on 5-STABLE
boxes, the "pseudo-device ppp 1" has gone long ago...

Also, the examples in sys/[ARCH]/conf/GENERIC would be helpful for
reference.  You may obtain a more detailed list by running "make LINT"
under the conf directory.  For descriptions of kernel options, check
out the NOTES files found in architecture dependent conf directories,
and sys/conf.

Cheers,
--
Xin LI <delphij frontfree net>	http://www.delphij.net/
See complete headers for GPG key and other information.