CUPDS reboot the whole system

Doug White dwhite at gumbysoft.com
Wed May 18 16:12:59 PDT 2005

On Wed, 18 May 2005, Todor Dragnev wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Before a couple of days ago I started /usr/local/sbin/cupsd manualy from
> console. When I press CTRL+C to interrupt a program, the system change
> runlevel and going to reboot. This was on FreeBSD V5.3, today I
> installed fresh new 5.4 but the problem is the same.

FreeBSD doesn't have runlevels so I'm not sure what you're referring to
here.

Its also known that certain old Linux binaries that accidentally get run
as FreeBSD binaries can call reboot() when trying a Linux SYSV syscall.
If you copied cupsd from a linux box, use brandelf on it to make sure it
gets run under the linuxulator.