5.4-RC2 freezing - ATA related?

Brent Casavant bcasavan at tdkt.org
Tue May 17 17:20:28 PDT 2005

On Wed, 18 May 2005, Peter Jeremy wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-May-17 09:58:33 -0500, Brent Casavant wrote:
> >The only solution I found at that time was reverting to 4.10, though
> >that is obviously suboptimal.  I could be persuaded to reinstall 5.x
> >on the machine if I'd be sure to get someone to look into this.
>
> It doesn't work that way.  You are going to need to provide much more
> information and do some of the work yourself.

Oh certainly.  Didn't mean to imply otherwise.  I simply meant that
I'm not qualified to look into IDE or filesystem related kernel code
(the two most likely culprits), but if someone else was willing to
do so I'd be happy to do any sort of testing they requested.

Sorry for muddling my original statement.

Brent

--
Brent Casavant			http://www.angeltread.org/