Strange make buildworld behaviour with 5.4-RELEASE ( amd64 )

Steven Hartland killing at multiplay.co.uk
Tue May 17 08:43:54 PDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steven Hartland"

> I'd be willing to take a guess that this is whats breaking things but dont
> know how to best go about fixing it. Just delete it would be my guess
> but why is it there? Shouldn't it have been deleted by make cleandir or
> make cleanworld?
>
> Im running another buildworld to test with the file deleted.

Yep that's the puppy. Looks like there is a Makefile bug which is leaving
this one .depend:
cd /usr/src_amd64
make cleandir
rm -f freebsd.cf freebsd.submit.cf
find . -name \*.depend
./usr.sbin/pcvt/keycap/.depend

I added pcvt into the relevant place in usr.sbin/Makefile which fixes
make cleandir but it then breaks the buildworld.
It looks like pvct/keycap is being force built by tools/make_libdeps.sh
but hence when make cleandir's is run its not cleaned. Also tried altering
Makefile.inc1 to set pcvt/keycap as a member of _generic_libs but that
doesn't work either. I don't know what else to try.

    Steve