Creating a mini install disk, for particular needs

Nora Etukudo nora at sappho-net.de
Wed May 11 07:37:55 PDT 2005

Am 11. Mai 2005 um 00:56:07 +0100 schrieb Chris Phillips:

> We need a fairly painless way, to roll out a fresh install onto some
> random i386 hardware we have lying around (there's a plentiful supply),
> for any new users, who require a basic functioning GUI, with access to
> graphical email client, web browser & 'rdesktop' (for the windows
> applications, that they are all hooked on).

Look at

   http://www.pcbsd.org/

also. I did just for fun the installation of

   http://ftp.plusline.de/pcbsd/PCBSD-0.6-x86.iso

and I'm very impressed.

A small, but working KDE Desktop "out of the box" (FreeBSD 5.3, KDE 3.4)
without any huzzle. Start the (graphical!!) installer and get yourself
a mug of coffee (or what else you prefere).

Liebe Grüße, Nora.

nora at sappho-net.de
     IM-NETZ Neue Medien, Berlin                 http://www.im-netz.de/
     WWW von Frauen für Frauen, Hamburg          http://www.w4w.net/