FreeBSD and HP nx9105

Adi Pircalabu apircalabu at bitdefender.com
Tue May 10 07:03:41 PDT 2005

On Tue, 10 May 2005 15:26:33 +0200
Friedrich Dominicus <frido at q-software-solutions.de> wrote:

> I have read the reports other have send. Just did not have found a way
> to solve the problem that FreeBSD shut ofs the computer during boot.

[...]

I have a HP nx9105 which, at this time, runs 5.4-STABLE. Installed
5.4-RC4, brought it to RELENG_5, patched DSDT. Now, after all the
"mess", it is very FreeBSD friendly :)
http://blackk.union.edu/~black/freebsd/ was the perfect starting point
for me. Compaq Presario R3000 Series has basically the same hardware.

> I found that one has to put some extra line in device.hints. Just that
> does not work if you just have a CD.

There is an extra hint to pass at boot time:
hint.atkbd.0.flags="0x9"

> So what can I and probably other do to simply deactivate the ACPI
> stuff.

You also must disabled ACPI at install time, or else you'll be left
without keybord.

--
Adrian Pircalabu

Public KeyID = 0x04329F5E