mount_msdosfs /dev/fd0 causes reboot

Michael A. Koerber mak at ll.mit.edu
Mon May 2 09:28:38 PDT 2005

mtools was actually my first attempt at accessing the floppy drive.
Exactly the same end result.  I issued 'mdir a:' and after a few seconds
I was watching my system reboot.  After doing that twice with mdir, I
uninstalled mtools thinking it was the problem.  When I saw
mount_msdosfs gave me the same result, I began to suspect something more
basic to be at fault.

mike
Dr Michael A. Koerber
x3250