/usr/ports and files are udi:100, gid:100 - has anything changed in cvs?

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Fri Mar 25 07:09:49 PST 2005

Hi,

A port failed to install, and I just found out that /usr/ports and all
files and directories within are owned by uid:100 and gid:100 (which are
not defined on my 5-stable system).
I coldn't find anything in /usr/ports/UPDATING, and not by searching the
web.

My ports was cvsupped today, but this change can have been there for
some time, I just found out when one of my ports didn't want to upgrade.

I'm running a quite old 5-stable:
root at kg-work# uname -a
FreeBSD kg-work.kg4.no 5.3-STABLE FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE #1: Sun Nov 14
20:19:11 CET 2004     root at kg-work.kg4.no:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SS51G
i386

But I notice it is the same on a box running 4.9-STABLE, and ports n
that was last cvsuped November 27th, 2004.
And it is also the same on my new box, running  5.4-BETA1.
uid / gid 100 are not defined ther either.
Am I missing somehing here?

If it matters, I use cvsup against the srver cvsup.no.freebsd.org
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen,