cpufreq related RELENG_5 regression?

Danny Howard dannyman at toldme.com
Wed Mar 23 14:37:44 PST 2005

Christian Brueffer wrote:

[...]

>When I try to transfer a file from outside the LAN to box C, which
>resides inside the LAN, the movie on box B starts to stagger.

[...]

>Can anyone confirm this?

Anecdotally . . . I upgraded my Pentium-M laptop on Monday or Tuesday to
the latest ... I have since noted:
- It seems to run cooler under load.  (Peaks at 140F instead of 145F)
- Watching TV occasionally has jerks, where the video will briefly lag,
where it has not had jerks before.

It SEEMS like maybe the system is running a touch more conservatively.
But, the difference is such that, aside from occasionally jerky video, I
don't really notice.

-danny